Assess, Recover, Mitigate, Strengthen (ARMS): A Wellbeing Regimen for Professionals
Assess, Recover, Mitigate, Strengthen (ARMS): A Wellbeing Regimen for Professionals was developed by Dr. Bill Nash, a pioneer and expert in the prevention, recognition, and treatment of moral injury and leading researcher, educator, and clinician in psychological health. This course covers concepts and tools to prevent and recover from occupational moral distress, moral injury, and burnout. It is appropriate for all human service professionals, including those in health care, social services, education, crisis response, and any other role requiring compassionate service to others. The framework is built on three pillars: the National Academy of Science recommendations on preventing mental health disorders, the National Academy of Science’s call to action to address global burnout in healthcare, and the doctrine of Combat and Operational Stress Control.
- Describe how work can affect one’s own health and wellbeing
- Identify occupational stress states from thriving to ill
- Explain the role of moral distress/moral injury in professional burnout
- List risk and protective factors for one’s own wellbeing
- Construct a regimen to maintain and improve one’s own wellbeing